Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Birthday Cakes


Carter was lucky enough to get two birthday cakes this year.  I am taking a cake decorating class right now and we decorate a cake every class.  This week was a clown cake.  I thought it worked well for a birthday.

The demo derby cake is courtesy of Nate and Carter.  They had a great time painting and smashing the cars for the cake.  It is a little hard to see in the picture-but there is a 24k car like Nate always drove and an #18 cow car for his friend Chris.  For those of you who have never seen a demolition derby you might not quite get it.  But it is a pretty accurate replica of what it looks like here in Kentucky. 

2 comments:

Laura C. said...

I knew what that cake was right off! It's a very good replication. Em, the clown cake is really good! You're obviously learning a lot in that class - you go!

Oh, and wish Carter a happy birthday for us!

Kauti Nicholls said...

great job on the cakes!! i bet they loved making the "derby" one--what a fun idea :)