Saturday, October 2, 2010

Our trip to Children's

Well, here she is in her carseat on our way to the hospital.  For those of you who hadn't heard about it, I had to take Kennedy to the ER a few weeks ago.  She had a cold and then the right side of her face started swelling up.  They believed the culprit was an infected tear duct (which is really quite rare).  I took her to the Dr. and they put her on some oral antibiotics.  But she continued to get worse so they sent us to Children's for a few rounds of IV antibiotics.  They don't mess around when infections are that close to the eye.  But we were in and out in less than 24 hours and the only traumatic part was getting her IV started.  They had to try four times!  It was awful.  Luckily I have lots of experience with needles and was able to be strong for Kennedy.  I'm not sure if they picture really captures how bad she looked. 

1 comment:

The Fischer Family said...

Poor precious baby! Trips to Children's are so scary, but I'm glad everything turned out alright. I'm impressed you could be in the same room when they were doing the IV! I had to leave when they did Micah's, I just couldn't take it! Glad to hear she is doing better now!